I have a friend that worked for the company that I work for. He's the one that told me about the opening for the position that I now have and suggested that I apply. He said, "Scott, you'd make a good supervisor." And so I applied and got the job. He had worked for the company since 1976 and just left a few months ago for a better opportunity.
This weekend he was having a few beers in his garage with some friends. This was a usual practice of his. Then he took his motorcycle for a ride around the block. When he came home he had a few more beers, then decided to go for another ride, this time without his helmet.
As he went around the corner he clipped the curb and then crashed into a parked car. He received a deep head wound, broken leg and neck. Yesterday they operated and removed three vertebrate from his neck. He is now paralyzed from the neck down.
I feel really bad for him. My wife got a planner that has "a day worse than yours" for every day. His days are worse than any of these for the rest of his life. I don't know what to say or do for him. Time can't be turned back and nothing will make it better.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment